There’s a growing body of evidence that the health of your gums is linked to the health of the rest of your body. For example, researchers are finding links between gum disease (or periodontal disease)—which is an infection in your mouth—with cardiac problems.
We’ve been using dental hygienists at Progressive Dental for 14 years now, and their dedicated job is to bring your mouth and gums to their optimal healthy state. That’s their dedicated job, they can devote a lot more time to it than the dentists can, and they’re extremely good at it. And they’re lovely people, too!
Dental Hygienists have been part of the Progressive Dental team for 14 years now, and their dedicated job is to bring your mouth and gums to their optimal healthy state. Their focus on hygiene allows them to devote the ideal time and expertise it takes to do a thorough job with a gentle touch.
Maintaining good oral hygiene at home is straight forward.
- Always use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Brush twice daily - Watch a video on "How to Brush Teeth"
- Use toothpaste with fluoride
- Floss once daily - Watch a video on "How to Floss"
- Avoid tobacco products
- Avoid excessive alcohol use
For more information on oral hygiene or to request a consultation, call our dental surgery in Cremorne on
(02) 9953 0895 or click here to email us.