What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the area of dentistry, which handles the treatment of problems in the alignment of teeth and jaws. An orthodontic problem is called a "malocclusion", meaning crooked or protruding teeth, which do not fit together properly. Although this may be the main concern of why people seek orthodontic treatment, orthodontics has evolved and has been seen to improve airway problems in both children and adults.
Orthodontics is more than just to do with cosmetics! Although the first teeth alignment and the jaw are the first things that come to mind, there are other possible benefits to orthodontic treatment such as improvements in breathing and oral hygiene. Alongside this, not only is orthodontics for children (see our section on Orthopaedics), but well available for most adults as well. As not showing braces can be one major concern to any adult patient, we offer different types of braces ranging from clear ones to those on the back of your teeth, which may cater for the type of lifestyle you have.
Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene can help, your smile last a lifetime. Although popularly seen among children and teenagers, orthodontics is also for adults. Not only limited to cosmetic improvement, orthodontics can also improve patient’s oral hygiene.
Who is it for?
We cater to both children and adults.
What is the cost?
At Progressive Dental, we offer each and every patient a personalised treatment plan. The cost can vary from case to case. Come and see us at Progressive Dental and we can further assist you.
Orthodontic problems may also be linked to airway problems, something which you can talk to your dentist about. The five types of orthodontic work done at Progressive Dental are:
- Damon - Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achieved with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
- Invisalign Orthodontics - Invisalign orthodontic treatment involves wearing a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that you change every fortnight. Each one of the aligners is individually manufactured and fitted to your teeth. As you move on to each new aligner, your teeth will move until they reach the final position as prescribed by your dentist. To find out more about Invisalign, click here.
- Lingual Braces - iBraces are a new generation of orthodontic braces for teens and adults. They are the only 100% customized invisible fixed braces available on the market today and placed behind your teeth so no one will know that you are wearing braces unless you tell them.
- Ice Clear Braces - We´re proud to offer Inspire ICE ™, the highest quality aesthetic braces on the market. Their patented sapphire material makes Inspire ICE the only crystal-clear braces available. They´re not only discreet, they´re virtually invisible.
- Insignia - Insignia treatment is tailored to the individual patient. Each aspect is precisely calculated to affect tooth movement in the most optimal way, resulting in fewer office visits and exceptional comfort. And because treatment is 100% personalized, patients often see a reduction in the amount of time they would ordinarily wear braces.
For more information on our Orthodontic Treatments or to request a consultation, call our dental surgery in Cremorne on 02 9953 0895 or click here to email us. We are nearby the suburbs of Mosman and Neutral Bay, and offer free parking at our premises. Our professional team consisting of dentists and orthdontists ensure that patients are in capable hands at our practice, and everyone gets an effective treatment plan that is customised for each individual.